Here were my intentions at the beginning of the year. Let me review how I’ve done, so far. (I know, I know, I get later and later. This is for May, really.)
RESOLVE (or better yet – INTENTIONS)
- Finish losing the weight I need to by eating right (lo-cal, lo-carb, wine only on special occasions) and strength training 3 days a week.
May was a disaster for my diet. Two weeks spent eating out with family and eating on the train spelled a gain of about 5 pounds. I tried to get it off once I got home, but not much luck.The farmer’s market is open, and I’m visiting it every week.
I INTENDED to keep on losing in June. We’ll see how that went.
(I ought to just leave this paragraph out, because I never get around to it, but I’ll keep the intention.) I still haven’t done any strength training yet this year, but again, I INTEND to.
- Walk regularly, either alone or with a group, at least 4 days a week for at least 5 miles.
I did really well, considering that I spent six days in a train and four days in a car. I did walk a little every time we stopped, and was able to still average 8000 steps a day.
- Grow enough vegetables to enjoy and to help supply the food bank.
My garden is coming along nicely.
The artichokes and the cilantro really got away from me while we were gone.
- Travel to see Bill and his family.
We managed this nicely traveling on the Empire Builder to Chicago.
We had dinner with Ray and Kathy, and then rented a car to drive to Birmingham.
We stopped to visit my cousin just west of Nashville, and got to meet her grandson.
Then we had several days to tour around in Birmingham, including a “walking tour” of downtown where we saw lots of markers to the Freedom Trail.
On the way back to Homewood, we went across Red Mountain and stopped to look at Vulcan.
On Sunday we rode up to Lookout Mountain, and I got to “See Rock City” and “See Ruby Falls”! Spectacular!
We got Ian graduated from High School, and drove back to Chicago and then rode the Builder back to Seattle.
- Take several short trips as well.
- To Pacific Beach
- To Portland – DONE
- To Spokane to look for genealogical information
- To the San Juan Islands (because we’ve wanted to return and keep saying “We can do that anytime”, but we never do.)
- To Victoria, BC
I’m looking forward to the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) in Portland in June. What a gift that it will be held on the West Coast. It probably won’t be out here again in my lifetime.
- Keep up with Headspace and Tai Chi.