The prompt for the Synchroblog this month is “What if the resurrection were a lie?” Cynic that I am, I am forced to look around and say “What if the world – we Christians – REALLY believed the resurrection were the truth?”
It seems to me, if we really believed it, we would be less concerned with money and more concerned with people.
We would realize that we are all broken and in need of love, instead of pretending that WE are perfect, but everybody else needs to have rules and regulations to keep them in line.
We would be more concerned with the state of this wonderful planet, instead of first focusing on the cost to clean it up or keep it clean.
We would drive more “friendly”.
We would happily pay taxes because we would insure the government was run by folks who were more concerned with other people than their own pockets.
We would stop trying to be “one up” on our neighbors.
We would stop needing to prove our worth by showing how much better we were than the next guy.
We would stop being “in control”, and would let God be in control.
We would look at the gay man, the crippled child, the homeless woman and see the Risen Christ.
And when we saw Christ in their faces and in their eyes we would do everything in our power to care for them – wash their feet, invite them to dinner, house them, care for them – LOVE them, without thinking of the cost to ourselves.
But never mind.
The cost is too high.
We might have to leave our comfort zone and then who knows who might take care of us.
But here’s the thing – the world is not a Zero-Sum place. There’s enough love, and food, and air, and water for everyone, as long as no one grabs more than their share.
There’s enough LOVE, because Christ is risen, Christ is risen indeed.
Here’s the list of other Syncrobloggers for this month.
- Marta – On Faith Seeking Understanding, Truth, and Theology
- Carol Kuniholm – Risen Indeed? The Hermeneutic Community
- Tim Nichols – How Would Life be Different if Jesus did not Rise?
- Glenn – Kingdom Come or Kingdom Now?
- Sonja Andrews – The Resurrection and the Life
- Josh Morgan – The Role of the Resurrection
- Abbie Watters – What if the Resurrection were a lie?
- Minnow – Resurrection Impact
- Leah – Resurrection – Or Not!
- Hey Sonnie – The Resurrection Hoax
- Liz Dyer – The Resurrection I Firmly Believe In
- Ellen Haroutunian – Is There a Christianity Without the Resurrection?
- Jeannette Altes – What if…
- Christine Sine – If the Resurrection did not happen, how would the world be different?
- KW Leslie – Supposing Jesus is Dead
- Travis Mamone – If the Resurrection was a Hoax
- Kathy Escobar – Jenga Faith
- Jeremy Myers – What if Jesus Did not Rise?