I’ve been struggling to figure out some intentions for the coming year. I gave up on resolutions a while ago. I’m taking persistence as my Word for the Year.
I read this today that suggested we should take a year to go deeper, rather than wider, and it is really resonating with me. I don’t know whether I’ll do this for a whole year, but here at the beginning, I think I’m going to try something like that.
Looking at where I am in my life, I really don’t want to take on anything new, but I do need to deepen my knowledge and commitment to the things I am doing.
- Politically – I’m going to persist in the resistance.
- People Power
- Wall of Us
- Religiously – I’m going to really work at being Moderator of Olympia Presbytery.
- Interfaith community
- New Worshiping Communities
- Creatively – I’m going to try to get down to working on my family history/memoir.
- Fill in gaps on Ancestry.com.
- Keep up with my knitting.
- Personally – I’m going to keep up walking, and try to add some resistance training.
- 10,000 steps a day
- 2-3 sessions of weight training a week.
- Socially – I’m going to tend my current relationships.
- Gazebo Group
- Maintain congregational ties.
I would really appreciate it if you, gentle readers, would remind me of these intentions when you see me fluttering off after the latest cause du jour.