1. Trip to the Farmer’s Market bright and early this morning. There was much despair since the asparagus has come to the end of its season. To make up for it I got two scones for me and two lemon bars for Big Al, and there was much rejoicing.
2. I’ve been playing with this blog to (hopefully) update the look and make it more modern. Suggestions, and likes and dislikes about the changes are requested, and welcomed.
3. We’ve been following the Women’s World Cup. The USA team seems to be up to its winning ways again. I know there was some controversy about the score in the first game against Thailand (13-0). I agree that they shouldn’t have held back. It’s really hard to recover from going easy on an opponent, and they are still doing well.
4. I got tickled at Big Al today. He went to sleep in his chair out in the living room last night, and it scared him when he woke up to come to bed and it was light outside. Of course, he usually comes to bed about 3:30 or 4:00, and by 4:00 it was already light. He thought he had slept in the chair through the whole night.
5. The sun finally came out from behind the clouds about 4:15 this afternoon. It was pretty cool until then, but the blue skies are out now, and we’ll have another four or five hours of sunshine. That’s life at this latitude in the midsummer.
How about you? What made you happy today?