1. Big Al’s eye is much better today after applying antibiotic salve and hot compresses.
2. I led the discussion today for “Great Decisions” which is published by the Foreign Policy Association. We talked about Europe and the rise of Nationalism. We didn’t come to any decisions, but we were happy that the results of the EU Parliament elections show a slight shift to center. We all – liberals and conservatives – have got to learn to work together.
3. It’s getting cooler and cloudy. One forecast says we should get rain tomorrow, another has backed off and says cloudy with rain “showers” on Thursday. We really need rain. I don’t want to spend this summer choking from the smoke from the fires again this year.
4. The housekeepers came today, so I have clean sheets on the bed and clean bathrooms and kitchen! That always makes me happy.
5. I think they may have solved the problems with the sprinkler system for the lawn. I heard them turn on about 3:30 am for the first time in a while and one of the landscapers vowed and swore that all the heads had been checked and were working. I’ll continue to water the really dry places in the front yard until they green up, though. Trust but verify.
How about you? What made you happy today?