1. I was Lay Leader at 9:00 am church again this morning (YAWN). It was good to have Sarah back in the pulpit after a well-earned vacation. She started a sermon series on the Fruits of the Spirit and we had a new visual decoration. Those “seed packets” say, “Scripture, Prayer, Body, Meditation, Social Justice, Writing, Beauty, Music and Sabbath”. They are the Spiritual Practices that help us cultivate the Fruits of the Spirit.
2. Since I had to be up and out the door by the time I’m usually dressing, I didn’t get breakfast before church. We had planned to go to our local diner-type place, but, alas, they were having a bike rally and the streets were blocked. We thought about several other places, but finally decided on McDonalds. I know that doesn’t sound like much, but McDonalds does a really great job with breakfasts. Their scrambled eggs are just right, not too runny, and not too hard. The pancakes are fluffy, and the biscuits are perfect. I know it’s standardized within an inch of its life, but they’ve solved all the potential problems with breakfast fast food.
3. I got my “month in review” written and posted this afternoon. Sometimes I’m several days late, but I was on time this time.
4. Took a nice little walk around the campus in the sunshine and breezes. I only had to wear one outfit all day today. Warm enough for a lightweight blouse this morning, cool enough to wear it all afternoon.
5. Still full from brunch at McDonalds, but I guess I’ll have an Atkins bar for supper so I don’t wake up starving in the middle of the night.
How about you? What made you happy today?