1. My trainer and I walked down the hill to the Northwest Native Plant Garden at Point Defiance. We spent fifteen minutes sitting in the shelter, meditating on our feelings and sensory input – listening to the birds and the rippling water of the waterfall.
2. Ice Cream social on the front porch of Lillian Pratt. Cookies and Cream ice cream with chocolate sauce for me! Decent weather; cool enough to enjoy a sweatshirt.
3. Maintenance came and took away the broken bench at the Gazebo. Now I need to try to get more seating moved there in time for Gazebo Group on Monday afternoon.
4. The wildlife around here must have been really shaken by the noise of the air show, and the fireworks yesterday. There was a bunny hopping across my front yard followed by one of the big raccoons. I often see them in the back nearer the woods, but rarely in front. Then we looked out at lunch and a 4-point buck was quietly munching the grass. He was beautiful (as long as he stays out of my flowers.)
5. I finished reading “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” by Jamie Ford. I’m still reading a short story about one of the characters that was included with it on my Kindle. I highly recommend it for a sweet love story set in Seattle during WWII, and in 1984. It explains a lot about the make up of the International District, and about the difficulties between the Japanese and Chinese during the war. I think I got a boost on my empathy meter reading it.
How about you? What made you happy today?