1. In Bible Study this morning we studied 1 Corinthians 6:19 – “don’t you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you? Don’t you know that you have the Holy Spirit from God, and you don’t belong to yourselves?” Wow! There is so much to unpack there. The most important thing I learned is that the word we translate as “body” is actually much more – it really means body, mind, and spirit which are all of one piece. This verse and the surrounding verses were used during my youth (and are still used in some churches) as instructions for purity before marriage, and as condemnation for promiscuity during marriage. We’ll see what the preacher says in the sermon on Sunday.
2. The housekeepers came today and I have clean sheets, vacuumed floors, clean bathrooms, and a clean kitchen. Since the housekeepers come about noon, and the Bistro is still closed, Big Al and I went to a Japanese restaurant. I had a Bento Box and he had Teriyaki Chicken.
3. They’re promising rain or rain showers for the next 24 hours. We really, really need it and I’m so glad my daughter-in-law got out of here before the rains came so she didn’t have any airport delays.
4. I was able to schedule annual physicals for both Al and me. I know it seems like I’m always reporting that one or the other of us went to this, that or the other doctor, but we haven’t had an overall check in over a year.
5. My daughter-in-law got up and got herself out of the house before 5:00 am. I, of course, being a worrier, woke myself up about 4:45 am to remind her to get up and go or she’d miss her plane. She was already gone when I went to check on her. I suppose my kids and their families really don’t need me to dither with them anymore. (Sigh).
How about you? What made you happy today?