1. Facebook is reminding me that 10 years ago today we started the trek to the Pacific Northwest to find our forever home. Serendipitously, my Alabama folks pulled out of Birmingham this morning – 2 cars, 4 people, 2 dogs – headed for Washington (state, of course).
2. We heard a presentation this morning from a Native American healer and herbalist. She brought examples of natural teas, and told us how to gather the leaves, flowers and roots to make them. Her philosophy is that what we see as weeds are plants trying to give us what we and the soil need for optimum health. I may explore that more fully.
3. This afternoon we heard another presentation from a clinical phycologist who talked about “The Pursuit of Happiness: Aging and Mental Health.” She reiterated that being around other people, and having a community is one of the best things you can do to improve your mental health, particularly as you age.
4. I succumbed to Amazon Prime’s nagging, and looked around on the site. I was able to find and order the only two things we really needed. 1. A double swivel to hang my hanging basket on the front porch from, so it can get even sunshine (and so I reach the other side to deadhead the flowers) 2. A hose extender so I can reach it to water without breaking my back or pitching headfirst off of the porch.
5. I reached 10,000 steps on my Fitbit before 4:00 pm. Consequently, I’m going to take it easy for the rest of the evening.
How about you? What made you happy today?