1. Up fairly early this morning for our regular (every 5-6 weeks) trip to the commissary at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. We swept through there and finished before noon. Now we’re completely stocked up on non-perishables and frozen stuff for the next month or more (unless I forgot something).
2. We decided to go somewhere different for our lunch on the way home from the base. We went to Tacoma Szechuan, a really tasty Chinese restaurant. Big Al had Mu Shu Pork – 4 pancakes worth – and I had Mongolian Beef with barbecue fried rice.
3. We got home in time to see the bus leaving for Owen Beach, so I didn’t get to walk down there today. 😦 But I got plenty of steps in walking back and forth between the garage and kitchen, carrying all that stuff into the house.
4. But I did get finished in time for ice cream on the front porch of Lillian Pratt. They had waffle cones with butter pecan, and/or jamoca almond fudge ice cream. (I showed NO restraint!)
5. My trainer is interested in eating locally, with fresh food. She had never read Barbara Kingsolver’s “Animal, Vegetable – Miracle”, and I was able to find it in one of the libraries here on campus. I gave it to her this afternoon. It really made an impression on me – I think my daughter-in-law turned me on to it when it was new in 2007.
How about you? What made you happy today?