1. Got the sheets and towels in the wash early today. They are all clean.
2. The housekeepers came today and I have clean sheets on the beds and a clean kitchen, and even the bathrooms smell fresh and clean.
3. Bible study this morning looked at the story of Elijah killing 250 prophets of Baal, and then running away from Jezabel. It’s hard to reconcile the blood-thirsty God of the Old Testament with the God of Love of the New Testament. Maybe what we’re supposed to learn is that while God doesn’t change, people’s interpretation of God does.
4. Great Decisions discussion group this afternoon. We talked about trade with China We didn’t come to any conclusions, but we did decide that trade was MUCH more complicated that simply trying to balance the cost of goods purchased with the cost of goods sold. We did decide that tariffs probably did more harm than good. and that people who only looked at the simple balance of trade weren’t seeing the whole picture.
5. The grandkids will probably be going home tomorrow. They are ready to get to some place that they can settle in (like a hermit crab in its shell). They’re both basically introverts, and while they can, and do, function in society, they need downtime and alone time.
How about you? What made you happy today?