1. Up, bathed, dressed, and breakfast finished by 9:30 am (hey, I’m retired!).
2. Walked over to the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony of the new Health Care Center, here at Franke Tobey Jones. Nice reception for the VIPs (I think Big Al and I got to be VIPs by donating enough to the Capital Campaign to get our names on a plaque).
3. Walked all over the new building looking at the designs of all the rooms. It doesn’t look like a “nursing home”. The rooms are all in neighborhoods. There won’t be any med carts in the halls, each person’s medications are kept in a locked cabinet in their room. Every room has views of the outdoors with gardens, and growing things. The halls are spacious; there are recreational rooms in each area where residents can visit with each other; dining rooms have kitchens attached so nurses and attendants can get food for them any time of the day or night.
4. I also took a tour of the new independent living apartment building. It’s lovely and the apartments are about the same size as the duplexes. They have great views of the sound and of the mountain, but I didn’t feel like we should move over there.
5. Big Al and I ate lots of the goodies the kitchen had made – French bread with cream cheese, bagels and lox, scones, cookies, lemon tarts, ham sliders, etc. THAT was lunch. I’ll fix “real food” for dinner in a little bit – pork chops, fresh green beans, applesauce, etc.
How about you? What made you happy today?