1. When I looked at my calendar at the start of the week I had things to do all day long today. Gradually they all fell by the wayside, and I ended up with a pretty low-key day. The morning was supposed to be taken up with a bird walk, but the ranger has been transferred and her replacement isn’t up to speed yet.
2. Big Al and I had a nice, unhurried lunch. Usually on Friday I’m in a hurry because I need to get on the bus to Owen Beach. I skipped the Owen Beach walk because I had a doctor’s appointment at 3:20 and I was afraid I wouldn’t be back in time. Not super happy about missing the walk, but I can always go down by myself.
3. I was able to finish my book – Calico Joe by John Grisham. It was a really lovely little, feel good story. I recommend it.
4. Things looked good at the doctor’s appointment, but there was one blood test level that he thinks may be a problem. I appreciate his diligence. He has set me up with a couple of additional tests. <sigh>
5. Unfortunately because of the appointment I missed both the Ice Cream on the porch and the Duplex Social, but at least I saved those calories.
How about you? What made you happy today?