1. Big Al and I left home before breakfast headed to Kennewick, Washington to see Watters Minor’s new house. It was cloudy and about 57 deg.
2. We had breakfast before we got on the road. I had a Starbucks Skinny Mocha and a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich. Then we went to McDonald’s and Big Al got two breakfast burritos and a Diet Coke. Real vacation junk food!
3. We had been threatened with construction across Snoqualmie Pass on I-90, coupled with the start of Freshman orientation for every college in Washington, so we decided to take the scenic route through White Pass on US 12. It was almost zero traffic, and a lovely drive. It’s spooky how the terrain changes once you cross the pass. We went from 65 deg, and green, green trees, to 82 deg, and barren, dry hills, all in about 15 miles. During normal times it would take about an hour longer, but on a day with construction and extra traffic we probably made time.
4. We had lunch in Packwood in a real biker bar! Good hamburgers.
5. Rolled into Kennewick about 4:30 and then checked into the Fairfield Inn for the night. Dinner with the family at Bud’s Broiler on the banks of the Columbia River. I had lamb chops and Big Al had Beef Wellington. Yum, yum, yum. Followed by Peach Slump with Peach Ice Cream. My diet will never be the same.
How about you? What made you happy today?