1. Gentle rain this morning, and misty the rest of the day. It feels like summer is over and fall has arrived.
2. Got Red Wagon hamburgers today for Big Al’s, Miss Kate’s and my lunch.
3. Heidi picked us up for the trip to Port Hadlock right on time. Not too much traffic and we got here in a little less than two hours.
4. The hotel is called The Old Alcohol Plant. It was originally built by the grandfather of Ansel Adams. The lobby is decorated with many prints of his photographs. It’s now run as an eclectic hotel that also houses people recovering from homelessness. There is a gourmet restaurant here and most of the vegetables served there are grown on site. It’s in a great location above the harbor.
5. Dinner tonight was in Port Townsend at a spectacular restaurant called Finistere. I had smoked salmon spread as a starter, and Kate had manchego cheese with strawberry jam and many, many green olives. Then for our entrees I had mushroom risotto, and Kate had fried green tomatoes. (You can take the girl out of the South, but you can’t take the South out of the girl.)
For dessert I had homemade raspberry chocolate ice cream and Kate had creme brûlée. Back to the hotel and taking ourselves to bed early, because we have to be on the bus by 6:45 in order to have breakfast and get to the whale watching boat in time.
How about you? What made you happy today?