1. Up really early this morning to get to breakfast in time to board the boat to go Whale Watching. Good breakfast of scrambled eggs, ham and a wonderful homemade, cinnamon roll.
2. Got to the dock in Port Townsend in plenty of time to board. There were about 48 people plus the captain and naturalist on the trip. We sat at tables of four. Comfortable chairs, table service of coffee, tea, and blueberry buckle.
3. WOW Just WOW! The first bit of wildlife we found was a bull sea lion just sunning on a buoy.
Then we happened upon two, count them TWO, humpback whales having their mid-morning snack.
And then we found Orcas. We weren’t allowed to get too close to the Orcas, but it was close enough to see them. you can see the lead one blowing.
I got to legitimately say “Thar she blows!”
4. We had lunch in Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands, and afterwards Kate walked around town while I sat and watched the harbor. Pleasure craft and float planes.
5. Wonderful weather followed by dinner of caprese salad for both Kate and me, and steamers for me and Kate had ratatouille. Dessert was brownie sundae for me and ginger-lime creme brûlée for Kate.
How about you? What made you happy today?