1. Bright and cool this morning. I dressed in a summer, churchy blouse, and changed into a sweatshirt before I left for church.
2. Got to church early, in time to sign checks before the 11:00 o’clock service. There was very little sermon because the theme was The Power of Music. The prelude was Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah”. We sang favorite hymns and songs, and also heard “40” by U2. The preacher said when we sing together, we breathe together, and become closer.
3. Lunch at Moctezuma’s. I had Chimichanga Del Mar, and Big Al had a beef chimichanga. Napping and contentment all afternoon. Before we went to lunch I had to change into my third top of the day – too warm for a sweatshirt by noon, so I’m in a t-shirt now. I may change back to the sweatshirt before bed.
4. This morning when I looked out in the backyard, the deer family was back. Mama, a yearling, and two half-grown, still spotted fawns.
5. I think I finished the itinerary for Betty’s visit the end of September. We’ll have a really good time I think!
How about you? What made you happy today?