1. Another bright, sunny day today. Blue, blue skies, and temperatures in the low 80’s.
2. Big Al went off this morning to work at the food bank. He really enjoys doing it and looks forward to our church’s turn, which comes around every 5 weeks.
3. Today was the “Birthday/Anniversary Dinner” here at Franke Tobey Jones. Anyone who was born or married this month gets a free dinner in the dining room. I had salad, roast pork, broccoli, corn, and noodles, followed by birthday cake and butter pecan ice cream. Too bad Al missed out, but I did bring him a piece of birthday cake.
4. After lunch I went down to the Wellness Center, because I realized that I really needed to get rid of some of the calories I had just eaten. I made it to my 10,000 step count.
5. I started a new book this morning – Kindred by Octavia Butler, the author of Parable of the Sower, and Parable of the Talents that I read several years ago. I hope it’s up to her usual standards.
How about you? What made you happy today?