1. The spectacular weather continues. 74 and sunny with a light breeze currently.
2. The sermon today was about the Spiritual Discipline of Sabbath. God rested after six days of work, and so should we – because we are free.
3. Lunch was at Pomodoro today. I had a wonderful porkchop – Charbroiled to perfection and topped with a honey white wine walnut sauce. Served with garlic red mashed potatoes. Big Al had Chicken Florentine – Pan seared chicken breast sauteed with fresh spinach, basil, garlic, Roma tomatoes in a white wine, lemon butter sauce and topped with parmesan cheese.
4. In keeping with the theme of Sabbath, I read a book and napped quietly in a chair most of the afternoon.
5. Hearing the Prayers of the People in church today, I realized that no one in my family is gravely ill (as far as I know), no one is in danger from a hurricane, and no one lives where there is an “active shooter” situation. It seems like bad karma that I selfishly thank God that I am not personally affected by these problems plaguing others and that I count my detachment as a moment of happiness. I pray for the world’s deliverance from those problems. If these things affect other people, they affect me.
How about you? What made you happy today?