1. Up and out the door early to go to the Commissary. I know, we try to avoid the Commissary on Saturdays, but, surprisingly it wasn’t too crowded. We stopped at McDonald’s and Starbucks and got breakfast on the way. I had a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit and a mocha. That used to be my go-to breakfast on the run, but I haven’t had one in years. Big Al got his standard two sausage burritos and a diet coke (although it tasted like a real coke.)
2. We got through with all the shopping in amazingly good time. Part of that was because I realized that my calendar is so full that I won’t be cooking dinner at home until after the first of October. Most of our purchases were soap, detergent, toiletries, and paper goods. We did get canned goods and some frozen stuff.
3. We got home and got everything put away in the cabinets, etc. by 12:30.
4. Lunch was at our favorite Thai restaurant. Big Al had Royal Sweet and Sour Chicken, and I had Spicy Chicken Thai Noodles. Both very filling, and tasty. (When I was listing the stuff I COULD have yesterday, I forgot broccoli, onions, bell peppers (no seeds in the part you eat) and Thai basil which were included in the noodles. I didn’t eat the peapods, although I love them because they had little insipient peas in them.)
5. The Ducks are playing today.
I think they got over last week’s loss. Final score Nevada – 6 Oregon – 77. I almost felt sorry for Nevada for a while. Then I got over it. #GoDucks!!!
How about you? What made you happy today?