1. We got up early – 5:30 today. It was clearing, and pretty temperate. We had muffins and juice at the motel, and were in line for the ferry at 7:10 am. We loaded the BlackBall Ferry and pulled out of Port Angeles right at 8:15. It was lovely being there with VERY few passengers and the cars not being so crowded that you couldn’t open the doors.
2. The crossing was smooth, and quick. When we tied up at the dock, we drove right out and across the road to our hotel – the Huntingdon Manor. Old hotel but well maintained. Our room wasn’t ready yet, so we left our luggage in their luggage room, and the car in their auxiliary lot.
3. We walked up to the Empress, and booked ourselves on a harbor tour on one of the little boats. We rode around the harbor and got off at the Fisherman’s Wharf. We walked around there, and then caught the water taxi back to the Empress.
4. By that time we were ready to have lunch, so we walked back past the hotel to the Blue Crab Restaurant. There we had crab salad on a croissant, and I had wild mushroom bisque and Betty had a salad of gourmet greens with a light vinaigrette. We also each had a nice house red wine.
Our first two glasses of wine were so good, we each had another one while we sat and watched the traffic in the harbor from the ferry coming in to the float planes to the little water taxis.
5. We walked back to the hotel, checked in, took our luggage up, put the car in the underground garage and spent the end of the afternoon resting. We figured we deserved it since we had been up early and we had each already gotten our 10,000 steps for the day.
How about you? What made you happy today?