1. Woke up to clearing, sunny skies. Breakfast at the Huntingdon Manor Hotel. Pretty standard scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes and toast. Tomorrow I think we’ll try the waffles.
2. We drove up the southern coast of Vancouver Island. As we passed the cruise ship terminal we saw there were two ships in port. We went on further up the coast to a spit of land where we cold sit in the car and watch the seagulls and pigeons squabbling, and the ships moving up and down the strait.
3. We spotted a pilot boat speeding out to deliver a pilot to a third cruise ship. He must have gotten there because the liner was just pulling in to the dock as we went past on our way up island.
4. We drove up to Butchart Gardens. We already had our tickets, and got parked and into the property by noon. We walked all over the gardens and ended up in the Blue Poppy Cafe for lunch. I had to-die-for seafood chowder and an egg salad sandwich with bean sprouts, and Betty had the cheddar-bacon-onion soup of the day with a ham and cheese sandwich on ciabatta bread.
5. When we got back to the hotel, we walked up to the harbor to one of the vendors who had little wooden boxes. Betty wanted to get one for herself. By the time we got back to the hotel at almost 5:00, we each had over 10,000 steps and we were ready to put our feet up and relax.
How about you? What made you happy today?