1. Bright blue sky all day long today – but cold. 38 deg. when I got up and a high of 53 deg. That’s about 10 degrees cooler than it should be in October, but, looking at the temperatures in Texas, I’ll not complain.
If you look closely, you can see a very snowy Mt. Rainier peaking out between the trees.
2. I was up and showered and dressed early (for me), because the man who knows how to fix the fireplace was scheduled at 8:00 a.m. He got here about 8:05, and replaced the faulty switch (which he says was its problem), and was gone by 8:30.
3. Big Al picked up his new dentures and he says they fit really well. It has taken a lot to get a set that works for him, and I’m so happy that he is pleased with the results.
4. We had a visit today from the new Director of Philanthropy here at Franke Tobey Jones. We have a lot in common with her – she has lived in Europe, she has a daughter who is in England, she has life-long friends who live in Texas, her other daughter went to college in Chicago – so we had plenty to talk about.
5. I heard from #2 son and the car we’re renting at Thanksgiving has been duly reserved. I think that’s everything I need to do for that trip.
How about you? What made you happy today?