1. Cold this morning when I got up (39 deg.) but sunny all day. The sun raised the temperature to a positively balmy 59 deg. right now.
2. Caught the FTJ bus at 9:30 to ride into Point Defiance Park and a time with a naturalist from the Sleeter Museum of Natural History, who showed us some of the birds we should be seeing this time of year.
3. Fixed lunch of sweet and sour pork medallions and carrots in teriyaki sauce. Very tasty.
4. Early this afternoon we went over to Lillian Pratt to hear from our city councilman. He was very interesting and had some insights into the workings of the Port of Tacoma and its relationship with the city.
5. This evening was Duplex Social (not to be confused with the Gazebo Group). Many/most of the same people attended, but at Duplex Social FTJ provides the wine and the snacks. We have a new chef (at last) and he made some really good snacks little quarter-rounds of fried eggplant with marinara sauce and cheese on top, and pita bites with cheese and fig jam. Much better than carrot sticks and hummus!
How about you? What made you happy today?