1. Woke up to gentle rain outside my window. It’s been cloudy all day with scattered showers. The Seattle Times warned today of “The Big Dark”. But the tree outside my window is so bright that its light shines down the hallway.
2. I’ve been struggling to pray for our president, and I found this article from the PC(USA) Stated Clerk. It has been helpful.
3. I spent a couple of happy hours working on my writing project. I’m going back and looking at some of the things I wrote in the past on this blog, and I may use some of it.
4. I upped my Step Goal (on my Fitbit) to 12,000 steps a day. I don’t know whether I’ll manage it, but I’m going to try.
5. SAD! I was so discouraged about the debate last night. There was not one single question about Climate Change or the Environment. To me, this is the existential problem of our time. If we don’t solve this, we’re going to find ourselves eventually living in tents and eating berries and leaves. I’m also afraid the Democrats are going to start eating their young. Senator Corey Booker was the only one who tried to point out agreements instead of sniping at other people.
How about you? What made you happy today?