The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 53 deg. first thing this morning, with rain that had continued all night long. About 1:00 the wind began to blow the clouds away and we ended the day with bright sunshine and 56 deg.
2. The Ducks won big last night, with no injuries, unlike poor Tua who is out for the season. I don’t have any affection for Alabama, but I’m sorry their star is out for the rest of the year (yes, including any bowl games, even if they manage to make it to one without him).
3. In church today the sermon was about the God of the Living, not the God of the Dead, from Luke 20:27-38. It was a service of remembrance and gratitude for any of our loved ones who passed into the other life. My takeaway was “the line between death and life is thinner than we think, and for God it disappears entirely.”
4. Big Al and I went to Boathouse 19 for dinner. He had his standard bacon cheeseburger, but I had a veggie sandwich that was wonderful. Whole grain bread, with tomato slices, avocado slices, provolone cheese, sprouts, asparagus spears, onion slices, and cucumber slices. It came with a side of jalapeno polenta. WONDERFUL!
5. We were actually sitting at the boathouse when the sun started to come out and we were treated to an ephemeral rainbow that kept forming and dissolving as the breeze blew the remnants of the fog away.
Sorry I was not quick enough to snag a picture of the rainbow as it appeared and disappeared.
How about you? What made you happy today?