The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 48 deg. and still raining when I got up. The sun came out off and on from about noon on, and it warmed up to 50 deg. 2 whole degrees!
2. We did a quick overview of the liturgical year at Bible study this morning. We looked at Advent texts in John and Isaiah, Christmas text in Mark, Epiphany text in Luke, Holy Week texts, and Easter texts, and Pentecost in Acts. Probably a good idea because there are many folks who are new to Presbyterianism who don’t have that progression in their heads, yet.
3. The Bistro was closed today, so Big Al and I went to Maria’s for Mexican food. Very tasty. I had a combo plate with cheese enchilada and beef tamale. Big Al had a chimichanga.
4. The powers that be moved the current occupants of Memory Care to the new facility. They will have a couple of days to settle in before some new residents from the community will join them. It’s really hard on folks who are struggling with memory issues to have anything new going on around them. Pray for them, and for the new folks who will be moving in later in the week.
5. I’m also happy that the skilled nursing occupants will be moved to their floor in the new facility tomorrow. Once that is accomplished, maybe parking will improve on campus. As it is now, it’s really difficult.
How about you? What made you happy today?