The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 41 deg. and clear as a bell when I got up this morning. It never got above 48 deg., even in the sunshine. It looks like there’s new snow on the mountain.
2. Big Al spent the day at the Food Bank. He really enjoys handing out bread and talking to the little kids who come with their parents or grandparents.
3. Since Al wasn’t home for lunch, I indulged myself and ate a whole can of purple hull peas with salsa, onion, and a corn muffin. Al doesn’t think cornfield peas count as food, so I have to wait until I’m eating alone to have some. Lots and lots of tasty fiber!
4. I worked on being able to step up on the little stool to get on the train today. We still have two more sessions to work on it before we leave next week. I’m feeling pretty confident, although I still require somebody’s arm to hold on to. I know it’s just mental, but I need to practice before I set off.
5. There’s another Democratic Debate tonight. I hope my preferences will become more clear. Right now, there’s no one who really stands out as a favorite for me. I’m afraid they all have fatal flaws. Thank goodness I don’t have to vote for another couple of months.
How about you? What made you happy today?