The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 41 deg. at dawn today. While it got up to 48 deg. early in the afternoon, it was 42 deg. by nightfall. I think it’s turning cold again.
2. I found out this morning that the Gazebo Group had been bumped from our promised meeting location. It was just a misunderstanding on several people’s part (not mine), but we had to relocate. I talked to the COO and he promised it will be straightened out by next week.
2. I took the preacher to lunch today at the Rosewood Café. It’s a lovely little corner neighborhood spot with soup, sandwiches, and salads. I had a turkey and cheese sandwich and a cup of home-made creamy tomato bisque. Wonderful.
I also really enjoyed catching up with her about her life and doings in the church that I’m no longer on the inside for, now that I’m off of Session.
3. I got all the washing done, suitcases packed, and I think Big Al and I are ready to be picked up and taken to the train station tomorrow morning for our trip to Kennewick to spend Thanksgiving with the Watters Minor. I also managed to fit in a last minute trip to the grocery store for snacks for the week before I went to lunch. And I had a good session with my trainer. She did a 10-minute meditation session with me that helped my outlook on life.
5. Headed to Happy Hour with the Gazebo Group in just a few minutes. I feel like I’ve done a week’s worth of work in one day. Thank goodness for my next door neighbor who stepped up to offer her living room at the last minute.
How about you? What made you happy today?