The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 35 deg. at dawn today in Tacoma. It warmed up a little before we left at noon. Right now where I am in southern Washington on the train, my weather app says it’s 42 deg. but it’s nice and toasty in the train.
2. I was able to get the sheets and towels washed and dried before we left. The maids are coming today, so we’ll have a clean house with fresh sheets on the beds when we get home on Saturday.
3. Larry from transportation picked us up a 11:15 and got us to the train station in time for me to check the suitcases through to Pasco so we don’t have to fool with them. I’ve got my backpack that I put all the miscellaneous stuff (electronics, iPads, lunches, meds, etc) in.
4. The Cascades train from Tacoma to Portland was a little late, but that was good because we didn’t have to wait in the Portland station but about an hour. They loaded us on the Empire Builder in plenty of time and we pulled out headed for the Tri-Cities as advertised.
5. We should be in Pasco by 9:00. Bill has already picked up our car for the week, and he will meet us when we get there. We’re staying in a TownePlace Suites that belongs to Marriott, so we’re all checked in and have been since 8:00 am. It’s right on the Columbia River, and not far from Bill’s house.
How about you? What made you happy today?