The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 42 deg. when I got up this morning and cloudy. It stayed pretty grey all day, but it warmed up to 50 deg. around mid-day. It’s still 48 deg. as the day comes to a close.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is MEMORY.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. – George Santayana
I just finished this book (I highly recommend it). The main character only finds his power when he remembers the difficult things he had forgotten as a child because they were too horrifying.
3. Because there’s still no Bistro, I dropped Big Al off to work with his personal trainer, and I ran to Red Wagon to take-out lunch. I got a bacon cheeseburger for Al, and a grilled chicken sandwich for me. Red Wagon is the place that has 3-4 napkin burgers and sandwiches. Really good, but really messy, too. I also swung by Starbucks and got a venti skinny mocha.
4. We had brain training today. It’s always fun, and the teacher had a couple of new memory games for us to play.
5. I reached my steps goal by mid-afternoon, so that’s always an accomplishment.
How about you? What made you happy today?