The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 45 deg. when I got up this morning and cloudy. It never got much above 50 deg., but the sun came out for a few minutes in the mid-afternoon. Now it’s back down to 48 deg.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is CORNERSTONE.
The cornerstone of Democracy is the Judiciary – Thomas Jefferson
This is the primary reason I support the ACLU. If we, as a nation, are going to survive, we must be a nation of laws.
3. I fixed myself an egg salad sandwich, and ordered a chef salad for Big Al from the dining room since there’s no Bistro any more, and he has a personal trainer appointment at noon. We don’t want to change his appointment because that’s a really convenient time if the Bistro is there, and they keep promising they will open it again once they hire a new barista.
4. I went to a presentation by the Director of Food Services about new menu items and new meal plans. Interesting, but still not too relevant to Big Al and me. I’m still fixing dinners here at the house, although it’s nice to be able to look at the menus for the dining rooms, and take advantage of having someone else cook if I don’t want to.
5. I had a problem with my Starbucks card yesterday, so I ran down there today and got it straightened out. And while I was there I got a skinny mocha. 🙂
How about you? What made you happy today?