The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 47 deg. and showery when I got up this morning. It made it up to 49 deg. for a couple of hours, but now it’s dropping again, but not much below 47.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is DARKNESS.
Matthew 4:16a the people who lived in darkness have seen a great light
For those of us who live in northern latitudes, the time of Advent is definitely a time of Darkness. In fact, about the middle of November, people in northwest Washington call this time the beginning of “the Big Dark”. You get up and get dressed in the dark, and you drive home in the dark. Come, Lord Jesus, the light of the world.
3. I got on the scale this morning and I have officially lost the 5.8 pounds I put between Tuesday and Sunday of Thanksgiving week.
4. I was able to find some hot, Italian sausage at the commissary, so I decide to see how that would be added to Bear Creek Creamy Potato soup. Very tasty. I added some roasted broccoli and it made a wonderful dinner on a cold rainy day.
5. I reached my 12,000 step goal by mid-afternoon. Now I can watch a little (more) football with impunity.
How about you? What made you happy today?