The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 48 deg. and cloudy with wet streets when I got up this morning. The sun flirted with coming out from behind the clouds for a couple of hours, and now it’s cloudy again, and 50 deg.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is PEACE.
Luke 12:51 Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, I have come instead to bring division.
Today, we light the candle of Peace. I suppose we have to live through the division and injustice to be able to come out the other side in a world of peace and justice.
3. The preacher talked about John the Baptist and his angry words telling us to repent. Actually, repent just means to change. She said maybe his harsh words about burning the chaff and the husks of the wheat weren’t really threats. Actually the chaff and husks have to be removed and burned when the wheat is growing, or it won’t have room to get large and mature. The winnowing and changing of the wheat is what makes it better. We probably need to have our attitudes and assumptions winnowed away so we can grow.
4. We went to Joseppi’s for lunch today. Big Al got a pizza and I had spaghetti and steak. We were both happy, I think.
5. I got a few of the decorations down off of the shelves in the garage, and put them around the living room. We won’t have a tree this year, and I’m cutting way back on the decorating. It’s a lot of work, and frankly I’d rather have fresh flowers on the table. I got two of the manger scenes displayed, put a couple of the Christmas throw pillows on the couch and dressed the table with the Christmas tablecloth, and that should be enough.
How about you? What made you happy today?