The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 42 deg. and raining again first thing this morning. It made it up to 44 deg. And we’re closing the day at 43. It may get down into the upper 30s overnight.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is WORKS.
Holy, Holy, Holy. “All thy works shall praise thy name in earth and sky and sea…”
The hole in the clearing clouds promises better weather.
3. As I told you on Wednesday, Big Al has been suffering with what he and the PA thought was a hernia. Overnight the swelling/lump started draining, and I brought him to Emergency at the hospital. After a CAT scan and lab tests, they decided he had an abscess, and he’s on IV antibiotics. They’re going to keep him overnight in the hospital to get his blood sugar under control. Hooray for competent medical professionals once you get their attention. And hooray for Medicare and TriCare.
4. Once again I’m happy and thankful that I had the windows in the house fixed, particularly since I’ll have to be there by myself tonight. I’m basically a chicken. I’ll definitely be setting the alarm tonight. I’m also pleased that I can go in the house through the garage, and get that door closed before I open the house.
5. I had to run home and get clean clothes for Al (to wear home) after they got him into a gown, so I took advantage of that trip to get myself a mocha. 😁
How about you? What made you happy today?