The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 39 deg. and cloudy this morning. It warmed up nicely to 44 deg. this afternoon, and the sun came out briefly.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is COMPASSION.
Matthew 9:36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
“Harassed and helpless” is exactly how I feel in crowds. Once when we lived in England we went to a parade and my sons were almost trampled in the crowd, rushing to get a look at a great float. Give me a TV to watch parades anytime.
3. When I went to see Big Al at the hospital this morning, he said he will be home tomorrow! Hooray! I’ll go back and see him after the party this evening.
4. I got all the washing, drying, folding, and hanging up done (including Big Al’s that I don’t usually do. He does his own.)
5. Holiday Party for Gazebo Group tonight. I’m taking two kinds of pate and brie with garlic and herbs.
BONUS: They fixed the motion detector on my house alarm so I can walk around inside while it’s set, instead of being penned down in my room.
How about you? What made you happy today?