The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 35 deg. and foggy this morning. It stayed cloudy all day, but it did get up the mid 40s.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is REPENTANCE.
Luke 5:32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
I love this simple little drawing. It says “I’m sorry.” “Please forgive me.” “I’m free.” Basically the story of repentance. Easy to say, hard to do.
3. Today at Bible study, we looked at the Luke and Matthew stories of Jesus’ birth. They are totally different, and even the few dates in them don’t match up very well. That’s what makes Bible study so interesting.
4. Big Al is home from the hospital. He has 4 new meds (a couple of antibiotics, Vitamin B-1, and an improved multi-vitamin). It will probably take a while for him to catch up on his sleep – even though you’re in bed all the time in the hospital, you get very little rest. Somebody is always poking you, or sticking you, or waking up your roommate to poke, or stick them. He’s well on the way to recovery, though.
5. Two of the top fellows from management (here at FTJ) came to our Gazebo Group Holiday Party last evening, and reassured us that they were aware of the many problems with our security systems, and that they were working on fixing them. I just hope that no one else is broken into while they close and lock the barn door.
How about you? What made you happy today?