The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 43 deg. and the streets were wet this morning. The rain started in earnest about noon, and the temperature has been steady until now. They’re forecasting that it will rise to 50 deg. overnight. That would be fine with me, but the skiers, who thought they were going have a great weekend on the slopes, are seeing all the snow that fell last night and this morning melt. I’m praying that there’s no flooding as the rivers take the brunt of it.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is SINGING.
Song of Songs 2:12 Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
One of the best things about our dinner last night was the entertainment. We had a quartet who sang a program of several Christmas songs, like White Christmas, and Carol of the Bells, and then they led the whole room in singing. Except at church, I don’t get a chance to sing much anymore, and the whole room belting out Santa Claus is Coming to Town made my heart happy.
3. Big Al was feeling enough better to go to his date with the Personal Trainer. He came home and took a nap, but at least he went.
4. I did okay with my trainer, too. I wasn’t feeling it, really, but I persevered. I ate too many homemade cookies last night, and drank too much red wine, so I was moving kind of slow.
5. Ran to the grocery store and picked up eggs, bread, and a few veggies so I’ll have something healthy to feed Al on the days I cook between now and next year. While he was in the hospital, they had him on a low carb, low sodium diet, and I’m trying to keep him happy and keep him on that. I already try to watch my carbs and my sodium, so it’s no difficulty for me – just convincing him to stick with it.
How about you? What made you happy today?