The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 44 deg. and still pouring rain when I woke up this morning. The rain tapered off shortly after noon, and it warmed up to almost 50 deg. The major rain seems to have moved off to the East. It’s supposed to be cooler tonight (low 40s).
2. My Advent Word of the Day is PROMISE.
Acts 2:39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.
The photo is from my installation as Vice-Moderator of Olympia Presbytery. When leaders in the Presbyterian Church (USA) are ordained and/or installed, they make a promise to trust in Jesus Christ, and acknowledge him Lord of all and Head of the Church, and through him believe in one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There are seven additional promises we make as well. We all make those promises trusting and relying on God’s grace to help us keep them.
3. I fixed chicken with stovetop stuffing (lower sodium) for lunch along with roasted broccoli for me and roasted cauliflower for Big Al. It was nice, particularly since we have been eating out hurriedly for the last week or more.
4. I spent some time at the Wellness Center since walking outside was a non-starter. I got most of my steps and then headed to Starbucks for a vente skinny mocha. I haven’t had an opportunity to enjoy one for a week. The last one I had was while I was waiting for Big Al in the Emergency Room last Saturday. (Has it really only been a week?)
5. The Bowls have started. I’m watching SMU v Florida Atlantic. (SMU is being destroyed.) Next up is Washington v Boise State. I’m going to be rooting for Washington – I don’t usually, but I’ve got to support the PAC-12.
How about you? What made you happy today?