The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 39 deg. and cloudy when I woke up this morning. By the time we got out of the church this evening, it was 42 deg. and raining after a high of 43.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is LOVE.
Mark 9:7b “This is my son (and daughter-in-law), whom I love.”
These aren’t my only loves. I couldn’t begin to list all the people, pets, things, and places I love. Family, friends, memories, great books that moved me, churches that nurtured me, trips that inspired me. Love is almost too small a word to contain my feelings for the world.
3. We had the Christmas Pageant in church this morning. Highlights were the camel (a 1-year old boy) who almost escaped, an angel (a 5-year old girl) who had figured out how to flap her wings, and the angel Gabriel who forgot her lines, but laughed it off while somebody got her a script. Also there was the 2-year old angel who shed her wings and stole the Baby Jesus and carried him to the back of the church before one of the Magi caught her and brought the baby back.
4. Big Al and I decided to do Feliz Navidad and went to Moctezuma’s for lunch.
5. We had a carol sing this afternoon with Loose Cannon, our church’s mountain gospel band. Good fun and a shot of Christmas spirit.
How about you? What made you happy today?