The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 33 deg. and clear this morning. The clouds thinned out, but the sun never showed it’s face. Now it’s cloudy and 39 deg. with light rain forecast through the night.
2. My Advent Word of the Day is CHILD.
For unto us a child is born, unto us, a son is given…
Big Al with his mama, 79 years ago in the middle of January.
3. I survived a trip to get my hair cut and run by the grocery store. I have no idea what possessed me to go to the grocery store, except we needed milk and a pastry to have on Christmas morning.
4. I finished the last of the tagging of packages (very little wrapping this year, mostly bags, and left over boxes). It’s just us, and we decided that the landfill didn’t really need all that paper.
5. We choose to go to the kids’ Christmas Eve service. It’s fun, with lots of singing and a retelling of the Christmas story – and it still ends with Silent Night by candlelight.
How about you? What made you happy today?