The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 44 deg. with showers this morning when I got up. It got up to 48 deg. and we could see blue skies and snowy mountains when we looked up the Sound towards Seattle. Alas, the clouds hung on in Tacoma all day.
2. 5th Day of Christmas – the Gift of Sharing
3. Two really good football games for the National Championship semi-finals yesterday. The first was great because my favorite (Geaux Tigers) won, handily. The second was good because, even though I didn’t have a dog in that fight, the outcome was basically decided by two major penalties against the team who was more rough than skilled. (Sorry, I’ve not liked Ohio State since the days of Woody Hayes because they were and still are bullies on the field.) I would rather see skill in passing, running, and play-calling than brute force.
4. We got our Star Words in church today (Star Words are paper stars with a word on each of them that you can use as your “guide star” for the coming year.) The word I got is ENCOURAGE. I have realized that there’s a fine line between “encouraging” someone and “nagging” someone to do something helpful or healthy. I will need to remember that as I go through the year.
5. The Cowboys had a really great game today against Washington, but it was too late, as the Eagles also won their game against the Giants. I may watch a little of the Seattle/San Francisco game later tonight. I’m almost beginning to think I should maybe start to move my loyalties to Seattle. Or maybe not…
How about you? What made you happy today?