The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things. – Hans Christian Anderson
1. It was 49 deg. with rain and breezy when I got up, but it felt colder because of the wind. It’s 48 deg. in the middle of the afternoon, and still pouring rain with gusty wind. It’s supposed to warm up to 51 deg. after dark, but then drop back to 48 deg. by morning. I’m afraid the Fireworks from the Space Needle won’t come off this evening, because of the wind.
2. 7th Day of Christmas – the Gift of Memory
3. I finished my “Intentions Review” for 2019. I did pretty well on most things. I’m working on deciding what my intentions for 2020 will be. Top of the list will be to remember that I can’t do it all, and that I can only really influence the people around me. (I tend to forget that and start thinking my phone call, or my text, or my vote, even, will be the one that tips the balance. I have to remember that while I matter, I’m not the only one who does.)
4. So far the PAC-12 is 3-2 in Bowl Games. California, Washington, and Arizona State have won, Washington State and Southern Cal have let us down. Utah is playing tonight, and Oregon plays tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
5. Because of the torrential rain, I went to the Wellness Center to get my steps done for the day. I made my 10,000 steps and treated myself to a mocha from Starbucks.
BONUS: Happy New Year to all my gentle readers. I really appreciate all of you.
How about you? What made you happy today?