Kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
1. It was 52 deg. and raining when I got up. When I went to the grocery store this morning, it was 55 deg. and still raining. Right now it’s 56 deg. on the last day of January. The pineapple express is in full swing.
2. January is finally over. It has felt like it’s gone on forever. February may drag on, but, surely, it won’t be as dreary and wet as this month has been. I went back and counted – out of 31 days in January there have only been five with no rain (or snow) reported, and three of those were mostly cloudy. January 16th was the last day that there was enough sun to talk about. I know I say I love the rain, but this is a little excessive.
3. Went to the grocery store this morning and picked up eggs, bread, milk, and salad for lunch tomorrow. I also broke down and got Diet Pepsi for Big Al. I usually don’t buy it for him, but I did this time because they were really on sale – $.99 a big bottle – if you bought four of them. Planning for big parties for the Super Bowl, I guess.
4. Last workout of the month with my personal trainer. The one who is working with me now is a substitute because my regular one has been on vacation since 1/6/20. She’s due back 2/5/20. I’ll really be glad to see her, although the one who has been substituting is pretty good, too.
5. I almost have all the information to be able to do the taxes. I really don’t have a feel for whether we will have to pay or whether we will get something back. I got pretty close to $0 last year, and I didn’t change anything this year, so I’ve got my fingers crossed that we come out in the same place.
How about you? What made you happy today?