1. It was 33 deg. and mostly cloudy when I got up. Now it’s 38 deg. There were showers this morning, followed by cold, dry weather this afternoon. The radar is clear.
2. As Big Al and I left to drive to Joint Base Lewis-McChord to go to the commissary, mixed rain and snow was coming down. Nothing was sticking on the roads, but it was really pretty. The taller trees had blankets of white on their upper branches.
3. We had a good shopping trip and I was able to get whatever I might need for the next 5 or 6 weeks. They had the first pencil-sized asparagus of the season. I also got a couple of the new Washington apples – “Cosmic Crisp”.
4. We stocked up on soup and sandwich makings, because freezing temperatures and snow are forecast from Monday through Friday next week . There’s nothing better with snow on the ground outside than tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches inside. (Last year when the snow happened we ended up with several inches, slick streets and freezing temperatures for almost three weeks. I also had a MAJOR case of cabin fever.)
5. We stopped on the way home to have lunch at Bruno’s, our favorite German/Polish restaurant. Big Al had a cup of goulash, rouladen, pickled red cabbage, and cucumber salad, while I had a cup of mushroom soup, kielbasa, cucumber salad, and potato salad.
How about you? What made you happy today?