Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
1. It was 29 deg. and cloudy, with a light dusting of snow on the grass when I got up. The pavement was mostly wet, with a few patches of snow on the edges of the road. When I went to Bible Study this morning, the car thermometer said it was 36 deg. It’s still about that temperature. They are forecasting snow again overnight, but the predicted low is only 31 deg. and only for a couple of hours just after dark. By dawn, it should be up to 33 deg., and it won’t look back.
2. Congratulations to LSU for winning the NCAA Championship last night.
3. The preacher is preaching about difficult ideas in Presbyterianism for the next 6 Sundays. This week it will be SIN. In Bible study, we talked about what sin is, and how to mentally deal with it. The Bible reference we used was Romans 7:15-25. That’s one of my favorite passages in Romans. Paul says “I continually do what I don’t want to do, and I don’t do what I’ve decided to do.” I have a lot of arguments with Paul, but I absolutely understand this. I decide that I’m not going to eat stuff that’s bad for me, and yet, I’ll pig out on chocolate candy, given half a chance.
4. The Bistro is open and Big Al and I had our lunch there. Then he sat and chatted with the barista, and whoever else wandered through until I finished my time on the NuStep. (I got all my steps for the day!)
5. I get a lot of newsletters from political organizations (progressive and/or middle of the road). Somehow, recently I’ve been getting emails from “The Washington Matrix”. I thought some of the things it said were a little strange, but I wasn’t really paying attention. Today, one headline really caught my eye and I thought “Come on…” I looked at the attribution and it was Breitbart News. (I unsubscribed.) Whoever thought it was a good idea to send it to me seriously misjudged. Be careful out there, folks. Check your sources.
How about you? What made you happy today?