Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
1. It was 35 deg. and mostly clear when I got up. Snow is forecast all day, but temperature is supposed to stay in the high 30s. Sure enough, it’s now 38 deg. and getting warmer through the night. We had a pretty good little snow squall a couple of hours ago, but it was way too warm to stick. And now we’re back to 40s for at least the next 10 days.
2. The session at Bethany agreed to become an Earth Care Congregation. I’ll be doing regular articles for the newsletter, and will also do at least one Minute for Mission every quarter. I’ll have my work cut out for me, encouraging people to be more careful about their recycling, and encouraging them to buy less stuff that has extra packaging.
3. Unfortunately, today we got an updated flyer about what can and can’t be recycled. They will no longer take paper plates, napkins, paper towels, or paper or plastic cups. No straws or coffee pods, Styrofoam containers, milk cartons, foil or frozen food containers, or orange prescription containers. No shredded paper, either. Basically the only things they will take are plastic bottles, jugs, tubs (like yogurt containers), paper, cardboard, aluminum cans, and metal cans. Glass has to be taken to the glass place separately.
4. Big Al and I had pork chops, cinnamon applesauce, brussels sprouts, and red-skinned potatoes for lunch today.
5. Good workout with my personal trainer today. All my steps (10,000) in the bank by 4:00 pm.
How about you? What made you happy today?