If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
1. It was 33 deg. and partly cloudy with a misty drizzle when I got up. By noon, it was up to 38 deg, and partly sunny. 38 deg. and cloudy by nightfall. Today, really ought to be the last of the 30s for a while.
2. We got a new (and vastly improved) security system in our house today. I can use my own code (finally).
3. While the maintenance guy was here, I got him to look at my washing machine that has been dripping for over a week. The other fellow insisted it was because I used the high water setting, and it splashed out of the drum and into the bottom of the machine. I’ve been sopping up the water with towels (going through 6 large towels a day). He found that a valve WAS dripping, so he turned the water off, and they will either fix it or get me a new machine. I can use the laundry room in one of the other buildings until it gets fixed.
4. Subdued work out with my personal trainer. I wasn’t feeling 100%, probably from the shingles shot yesterday. So glad she believes me when I say, “Let’s take it easy.”
5. Happy Hour with folks from the Duplexes and from Bristol View. It was nice to go to a happy hour that I wasn’t responsible for, and that I didn’t have to plan or clean up from.
How about you? What made you happy today?