If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
1. It was 46 deg. and cloudy with damp streets when I got up. It got up to 50 deg. shortly after noon, and now it’s 48 deg. but clearing.
2. Good sermon in church. I told you about the text (Romans 7:15-25) on Tuesday, but I didn’t remind you that following that chapter is Romans 8 where Paul says there is therefore now no condemnation. There is nothing that can separate us from the love of God.
3. Today is Big Al’s Birthday. We went to Moctezuma’s for lunch because that was his choice and also because they sent us a coupon.
4. Congratulations to the Chiefs for winning their way into the Super Bowl. I was cheering for the Titans mostly because they were the Cinderella team. I’m a sucker for the underdog.
5. Now I’m happily watching the 49ers and the Packers to see who will round out the Super Bowl. I’m afraid the 49ers are too much for the Packers, though.
How about you? What made you happy today?