If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
1. It was 47 deg. and rainy when I got up. Right now, it’s 46 deg. and raining, although we did have a couple of hours of scattered clouds and blue sky. The rain is forecast to continue through the night.
2. One of my friends here at FTJ offered her washing machine for me to do a load of clothes, so I took a load over to her house before 10 am and started it washing. She left the front door open for me when she went to run errands, so I went back after Bible Study, and brought the clean clothes home to dry.
3. In Bible Study, we read Ephesians 1:3-14. The discussion was about predestination. We didn’t decide anything, and we learned that Presbyterians don’t have an official doctrine about it, although that’s a tag that is often hung around Presbyterians’ necks.
4. The housekeepers came today, so we have clean sheets on the beds, clean bathrooms, and a clean kitchen, as well as mopped and vacuumed floors. Who can complain about that?
5. We had lunch at the bistro and Big Al had a dermatology appointment this afternoon, so he went there while I rode the NuStep. I walked home, arriving just as the hard rain started. I got 10,000 steps, and I’m warm and dry while the rain pounds on the windows.
How about you? What made you happy today?